Below is a list of online resources available through Westchester Library System and on the internet. Some data bases may require your library card information.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) provides interactive lessons on how to use different types of software to build technology, creative, and business skills. Covers everything from using a search engine to building a website. Note: When using the mobile app, the Library ID is: westchesterlibraries
- Tutor.com/westchester offers live online chat and email support for learners of all ages. You can check a homework question, send in an essay for review, prepare for a test, and even have a cover letter or résumé checked. Hay tutores que hablan español. Note: Due to coronavirus, Tutor.com has expanded its tutoring hours from 9:00 am – 10:00 pm, Monday through Friday, until further notice.
- Drivers-Tests.org In partnership with Driving-Tests.org, the Westchester Library System is proud to offer free New York State Driver Permit practice tests and driver handbooks.
- First Find Has basic information on several topics including: Learning English, Computer Tips, Looking for a Job, Going to College, and more.
- Khan Academy-Online Khan Academy-Online learning for all ages. Recently partnered with College Board to provide online SAT prep. Students learn through online videos and practice test. Great way to review and sharpen skill sets.
- Register for SAT tests Register for SAT tests and use online college search tools. Students set up an account to help with college planning, testing and financial tools.
- University of Fashion Brings together the best fashion industry professionals to create lessons that inspire and educate students, teachers, home sewers and the fashion curious.